Translate

Monday, December 18, 2017

May The Faith Be With You Holy Bible - Book Review

This Bible is perfect is for ages 6-10. It includes 24 full - color pages exploring the marvel of God's creation and the meaning of faith.

This Bible is easy to read and understand. It is the New International Reader's Version. It is called the NIrV.

People who are just starting to read will understand and enjoy The NIrV. Children will be able to read it and understand it. So will people who have a hard time understanding what they read. And so will people who use English as their second language.

The NIrV is based on the NIV. The NIV Committee on Bible Translation (CBT) did not produce the NIrV. They tried to use words that were easy to understand.

This Bible has a title to almost every chapter. Sometimes they to even gave a title to a section. They did these things to help the readers understand what the chapter or section is all about.

In the New Testament the Sea of Galilee is also called the sea of Gennesaret. But in the NIrV they decided to call it the Sea of Galilee everywhere it appears.

For example, sometimes the Bible says "the River" where it means "the Euphrates River." In those places, they used the full name "the Euphrates River."

They wanted the NIrV to say what the first writers of the Bible said. So they kept checking the Greek New Testament as they did their work. That's because the New Testament's first writers used Greek. They also kept checking the Hebrew Old Testament as they did their work. That's because the Old Testament's first writers used Hebrew.

Psalm 23: David wrote this psalm as a song to praise God. Read the words below and think about all the ways God, our great Master, takes care of us.

The LORD is my shepherd. He gives me everything I need.

He lets me lie down in fields of green grass.

He leads me beside quiet waters.

He gives me new strength.

He guides me in the right paths for the honor of his name.

Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid.

You are with me.

Your shepherd's rod and staff comfort me.

You prepare a feast for me right in front of my enemies.

You pour oil on my head.

My cups runs over.

I am sure that your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life.

And I will live in the house of the LORD forever.


What Is Prayer?

Prayer is simply talking to God - just like you would talk to a friend. But you can tell God absolutely anything and everything, and you can talk to him anytime and anywhere!

An easy guide to prayer is to use your hands! Each finger can remind you who to pray for:

Thumb: (People closest to you.) Tell God thank you for your friends and family and ask him to take care of their needs.

Pointer: (People who point the way.) Thank God for the leaders, teachers and pastors in your life. Pray about the important work they do.

Tall Finger: (People in authority.) Our police, government and military need God's wisdom and protection. Pray for their needs.

Ring Finger: (People who are weak.) Pray for the sick and weak. Ask God to give them healing and strength.

Little Finger: (Yourself.) Ask God to forgive you for your sins. After you have prayed for others, God wants you to talk with him about what you need too!

No comments:

Post a Comment