Translate

Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Jesus Is Crucified - Children's Sunday School Lesson - Mark 15 - Sunday - 3/25/18

Jesus Is Brought to Pilate. The soldiers make fun of Jesus. Jesus is nailed to the Cross. Jesus dies. Jesus is buried.

This was a terrible, painful, and embarassing way for Jesus to die. Jesus could have rescued Himself. Jesus did not have to let those bad men take His life.

Who did Jesus die for? Why did Jesus die for you and me?

Jesus did not do anything wrong so He didn't deserve to die. Instead, Jesus decided to take the punishment all of us deserve for all the wrong things we have done. Jesus did it because he loves us.

The six hours (9am - 3pm) pm the cross Jesus touched a depth of suffering in body, mind and spirit beyond the stretch of our imagination. Jesus death paid in full the penalty for our sin. Jesus saved us from the death sentence, making possible the free gift of eternal life.


Jesus Words from the Cross:

Luke 23:34 ... Jesus said, "Father, forgive them. They don't know what they are doing." The soldiers divided up his clothes by casting lots.

Reference Scriptures: Matthew 27:35; Mark 15:24; John 19:23; Acts 3:17


Luke 23:43 ... (Jesus word to the thief on the cross beside Him who repented) Jesus answered him, "What I'm about to tell you is true. Today you will be with me in paradise.


John 19:26-27 ... (Jesus commending His mother to John's care) Jesus saw His mother there. Jesus also saw the disciple he loved standing nearby. Jesus said to His mother, "Dear woman, here is your son." From that time on, the disciple took her into his home.


Matthew 27:46 (Mark 15:34) ... About three o'clock, Jesus cried out in a loud voice. He said, "Eli, Eli, lema sabachtani?" This means "My God, my God, why have you deserted me?"

Psalm 22:1 ...My God, my God, why have you deserted me?
Why do you seem so far away when I need you to save me?
Why do you seem so far away that you can't hear my groans?


John 19:28 ... Later, Jesus knew that everything had now been finished. He also knew that what Scripture said must come true. So he said, "I am thirsty."

Reference Scripture ... Psalm 69:21


John 19:30 ... After Jesus drank He said, "It is finished." Then he bowed his head and died.

Reference Scripture ... John 17:4


Luke 23:46 ... Jesus called out in a loud voice, "Father, into your hands I commit my life." After Jesus said this, He took His last breath.

Reference Scripture ... Psalm 31:5; Matthew 27:50; Mark 15:37; John 19:30


Scripture reference used from the New International Readers Version (NIRV May The Faith Be With You Holy Bible) Copyright @ 1995, 1996, 1998, 2014 by Biblica, Inc. Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. & The New Analytical Bible Dictionary of the Bible, Authorized King James Version, World Bible Publishers, Iowa Falls, Iowa
















No comments:

Post a Comment