Translate

Thursday, April 5, 2018

Jesus and Thomas - Children's Sunday School Lesson - John 20:19-29 - Sunday - 4/8/18

Thomas didn't believe that Jesus was alive. He wanted to see Jesus for himself before he would believe.

Instruct the children to find the missing letters in John 20:28 ... Thomas said to Him, "My _ _ _ _ and My _ _ _ !"

Instruct the children to place bandages on Jesus' sides and red markers to show where the wounds by the nails were in His wrists.

Thomas had to see Jesus before he could believe Jesus was alive. We can believe Jesus is alive even though we've never seen Him because the Bible tells us so.

We can believe Jesus came back to life even though we don't get to see Him like Thomas did.

Again Jesus said, "May peace be with you! The Father has sent me. So now I am sending you." He then breathed on them. He said, "Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive anyone's sins, their sins are forgiven.

Thomas was one of the 12 Disciples. He was also called Didymus. ?He was not with the other Disciples when Jesus came. So they told him, "We have seen the Lord!"

But he said to them, "First I must see the nail marks in His hands. I must put my finger into His side. Only then will I believe."

A week later, Jesus' Disciples were in the house again. Thomas was with them. Even though the doors were locked, Jesus came in and stood among them. He said, "May peace be with you!"

Then He said to Thomas, "Put your finger here. Reach out your hand and put it in to my side. Stop doubting and believe."

Thomas said to Him, "My Lord and My God!"

Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen me but still have believed.

NIrV May the Faith Be With You Holy Bible @ Zondervan 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment