Translate

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Sepher Tehillim ... Psalm of Gratitude ... 12/05/2007



This is not a new article, I shared this in 2007.


Psalm 40:1-5 (Week of 12-9-07 Devotional Sunday School Bible Reading)

Psalm - Prayer, Praise & Adoration = "Sepher Tehillim" the Book of Praises

David is the Writer of this Psalm. David also danced before the Lord (II Samuel 6:14,16)


Psalm 40 is a Psalm of Gratitude

Psalm 40:1-5

Verse 1 -- I WAITED patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.

Duties To God -- PRAYER -- In Humility & Patience

Verse 2 -- He brought me up also out of "an" horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock; and "established" my goings.

Blessedness of The New Life -- Assurance of the Divine Favour

"an" -- a pit of noise

"established" -- Psalm 37:23

The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way.

Works of God -- God's Providence in Moral Discipline - Support in Affliction

Verse 3 -- And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD.

FAITH -- Examples of Faith

Verse 4 -- Blessed is the man that maketh the LORD his trust, and respecteth not the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies.

FAITH -- Immunities (power or position of resisting the creation and growth of a disease) & Rewards of Faith

Real Life 101 --- Immunities (I wanted to use this for a personal stand point)....... Jehovah-Rapha.... The Lord My Healer... Exodus 15:26

Verse 5 -- Many, O LORD my God, are thy wonderful works which thou hast done, and thy thoughts which are to us-ward: they cannot be reckoned up in order unto thee: if I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered.

The Creator Praised -- The Creator of the World

Genesis 1:1 & 1:2b

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

II Samuel 6:14 -- David danced before the LORD (II Samuel 6:14, 16)

Sacred Places -- The Tabernacle & The Ark From Moses to Solomon, Michal's Contemptuous Behaviour

Contemptuous (looking at one such as despised, disgrace, scorn, worthless)


Scripture Reference Taken From:

KJV, Topical Reference Bible Edition, Crusade Bible Publishers, Mt. Juliet, TN

The International Teacher's Handy Bible Encycolpedia & Concordance KJV Precious Promise Bible, The John C. Winston Co., Entered 1915 at Stationer's Hall

I freely share book reviews as well as my sunday school lesson notes with various sites/places. Any additional writing-reading(s)-teaching, etc. are by appointments unless I feel directed to do so.

Some years ago a preacher email me and wanted to refer me to help write sunday school literature for the company that he was or he had written for. He told me they will pay you but they pay slow. I told him no thank you for I did not want that type of pressure put on me and another thing I have never been to Theology or Seminary School so I decided not to take him up on his offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment